Keanu Reeves differs from other Hollywood actors, while his modest way of life and difficult path has generated a huge number of rumors. One thing is true — he is a talented actor who has an extraordinary personality.
Weird World decided to collect some true stories about the most mysterious Hollywood actor that he deserves a huge amount of respect for.
- He was born into a problem family — his father left them when Keanu was 3 years old. Later he was arrested for selling drugs. His mother first moved to Australia and then afterward to the USA and Canada. Within this time, Keanu had several foster-fathers. Due to frequent relocations, Keanu often changed schools and his dyslexia complicated the educational process even more. In his childhood, Keanu dreamed of becoming a hockey player but an accident prevented him from fulfilling this dream.
- His girlfriend Jennifer Syme died in a car accident and shortly before this event, they lost a baby. Reeves has never had a serious relationship since then. Additionally, his best friend River Phoenix died from a drug overdose.
- They say he refuses big roles if he feels that the character is too cruel. At some point, Reeves reduced his salary to $2 million so that Al Pacino could act in the movie The Devil’s Advocate. Later he did the same for Gene Hackman.
- Reeves younger sister had leukemia and he donated a big part of the money he got from his role in The Matrix to her treatment and to the fund for fighting leukemia. This is not typical for Hollywood celebrities. Also, he doesn’t have a huge wardrobe, bodyguards, and he is often seen taking the metro.
- 8 years ago, on his birthday, Keanu bought himself a cupcake and coffee. That’s another outstanding feature of Keanu Reeves — he treats himself, with a pinch of self-irony.
- Reeves moves around freely on public transport and gives up his seat whenever necessary.
- He routinely bought lunch for the “grunt workers” on his movie set and give his coworkers rides to their home. He was socially approachable and definitely kindhearted.
- He drove a woman 50 miles out of his way because her car broke down. When a woman was stranded on the side of a highway after her car broke down, he tried to help her jump start the car and when it didn’t work, he called AAA for her. When they towed her car, he offered her to drive her home, which she accepted.
- He once hung out with a homeless guy — just because. One of the most famous stories surrounding Keanu Reeves took place back in 1997, when he was spotted hanging out with a homeless person. Apparently, he was just minding his own business on the streets of Hollywood and chanced upon this man. He then shared some drinks, snacks, and listened to the man’s stories, even lying down on his back, clearly interested in what the man had to say. All of this might have gone unrecorded had some paparazzis not stopped by and noticed the two deep in conversation.
- As the CEO and founder of the motorcycle company, Keanu Reeves has made it his mission to use the company to help others. In recent years, the company has taken the plunge and sponsored a new rider on the professional circuit. At just 13 years old, Damian Jigalov was spotted by the actor during a race, and Keanu knew they had to help the rider achieve his dream of professional stardom. The company and the rider now have an epic partnership that is leading him towards that goal.
- He once waited 20 minutes in the rain outside of his own wrap party so he wouldn’t cause a scene.In one of the most Keanu-like moves possible, Reeves once stood in line outside of his own wrap party for “Daughter of God” for 20 minutes because he didn’t want to cause a scene. There had been a mix-up, but instead of going to the front of the line to complain to the bouncer, he just patiently waited his turn. In the rain. Even though, again, it was his own party.
Do you have a super sweet Keanu Reeves story? Let us know in the comments!